‘Cause I just love meeting people online and then sharing their fun with the world, I thought wouldn’t it be a kick to feature bloggers, readers and romance addicts every Friday, so everyone can find MORE places to share their love of books. Felicia of The Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog kindly and nicely agreed to go first. So please give Felicia a warm welcome and then make sure to go visit her blog and friend her on all your favorite social media haunts.
With further ado, please meet Felicia.
- Did you have a nickname growing up? This all sprang from a combination of my name and a very bad book bag choice made in the 2nd grade (bright yellow with a giant flea–it was the 70s don’t judge): Flea, FleaBag, FleaPot . I am still called many of these to this day.
- What is the very first romance novel that you read? Island Flame by Karen Robards. I went on a major Pirate kick afterwards devouring books by Marsha Canham, Laura London, Heather Graham! I am still a little disappointed I didn’t fall back in time and become a Pirate Bride!
- What new to you authors are you crazy about? I am late to the game on these two but now I devour them: Sarah MacLean and Tessa Dare! The good thing about coming into authors late is the amazing backlist you have to choose from.
- If you could choose any 3 authors to gossip with over lunch, who would they be? Oh gosh this is so very hard! I would say Jonathan Maberry, Heather Graham, and Karen Robards because they all seem very fascinating to me. They are all eclectic writers! Plus if we could have a Zombie Virus Creating Dr/FBI Team with special Abilities/Serial Killer Ghost Mashup –I wouldn’t be opposed.
- Name three books on your keeper shelf and why: A Knight in Shining Armor/Wishes by Jude Deveraux (and a copy to give to people): those two books are hands down what sealed my love of Historical Romance with a twist. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: I am obsessed with Darcy. The Stand by Stephen King: no matter how many times I read it, I find something new! I know I cheated but really I can’t read AKISA without reading Wishes afterward.
Felicia, Thank you so much. I have always LOVED pirate romances, and Marsha Canham was always one of my must-reads. Her books are so wonderful. And I’ve never read Jonathan Maberry. See, I knew this was a great idea to invite you–we got to crush together on great reads AND find new ones! Thanks for stopping by.